Mittwoch, 10. Juli 2013

Flying near Vedi

Today, I went with Anton and Sascha to a takeoff near Vedi. The forecast showed not much Wind in the area. So the termals were dominating. The takeoff is a nightmare, but I managed to get in the air more or less save.
The flight was brilliant. I had some low passages, but I could always get to cloudbase somehow. On the first part, a bombout would mean walking a lot. Fortunately not today. As i approched Mt Hatis, I had a lot of backwind. At this point I knew already that flying back would be difficult. It was strange to see the N wind close to the ground 1km beside the mountain. But the plane in SE is slightly higher, so it did not kick in there. While flying back in full bar, I couldn't grab any thermals, so I had to land. I was invited immediately to beer and cigarettes. Then I went back by bus and taxi.
Anton did a nice 70 km flat triangle, i managed to fly 65 km. Tomorrow, we go again. The forecast looks great!

http://www.xcontest.org/world/en/flights/detail:Toha/10.07.2013/09:46
http://www.xcontest.org/world/en/flights/detail:pesca1/10.7.2013/09:41




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen